Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Supporting our local community of brain trauma surviors March 18th. What are you doing to help the community? join us

Suzie Q's is Proud to Donate to Seattle Brain Works Soiree 2014



We are donating to the silent auction and the raffel.
If anyone would like to also donate they can drop it off to our collective before March 14th.

 Help us support our local community of Brain Trauma Survivors.
Donations Suggested are:
Movie Passes
Dinner for two
Gift Cards
...Thing you would want to buy at a raffle.
Questions call me or the number in the pics.


Thanks,

Suzie
















2 comments:

  1. And a HUGE thank you to Suzie Q's dispensary for donating to the Traumatic Brain Injury Soiree this year. Kind'a delicate getting people with green cards together for a raffle without letting "others" play along.

    It turned out well. Four people with green cards split the gift basket and below are their comments:

    #1 I got wax and candy. I really loved the caramel candy. WOW, I ate it at the party and had to control my urge to eat up all the good food.

    #2 I got the oil, some rockin' wax, and a whole set of rolling products including tray, tips, paper, and special lighter that doubles as a roller!

    #3 I got some fantastic wax, a medical infused drink, some oil and a candy!

    #4 Was me. I got some of Suzie's perfect wax (should be called that!), chewy candies, and a supply of rolling paraphernalia to last for months. The candy was the orange and white chewy candies shaped like doughnuts. I ate them at the party and was glad I had a ride home.

    It is so important for dispensaries to know how to best treat their patients. Suzie and I have a rapport of trust and guidance. Suzie helps me remember what it is I need to use for medicine to get off narcotics. She is kind and trustworthy. Due to my brain injury, my husband (caregiver) is usually shopping for me daily. Suzie's is the only place I go to trade alone as I don't handle counting money well. We trust her as my budmaster when my husband can't get to me fast enough.

    Give her business a try and you'll be coming back for the service and the product both!

    Thanks, Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help! and I'm glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete